Re: Need `spinner'

> Emacs W3M mode needs a `spinner' to tell you when it is downloading
> or otherwise doing something that is not directly visible to the user.

> This way, the user knows the mode is working, and that his set up or
> his Internet connection is not broken.

> Thank you.

That'a good idea.  It can be achieved easily if Emacs supports
animations as XEmacs does for gifs.  I think showing an ascii
spinner (\ | - / -...) in the header-line or the mode-line in
each emacs-w3m buffer imposes a burden on Emacs, and using the
minibuffer is not a good idea since we can run emacs-w3m for
multiple sessions asynchronously.  Do you have a concrete
proposal?
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>