Re: command-line-args

Richard Stallman wrote:

   To me it seems cleaner always to use command-execute.
   It the difficulty of coping with this is substantial,
   then maybe we should make a change like the one you propose.
   But if it is easy for users to adapt to the current behavior,
   then let's not make this change.

   I think it is easy to adapt, but I'm willing to be shown
   that it's not easy.

I believe the difficulty can be at most the (I believe relatively
small) inconvenience of using:

emacs --eval "(my-function)"

instead of:

emacs -f my-function

One can define a shell alias or similar if one needs this often for
the same function.

(Unless I am misunderstanding something.)

Sincerely,

Luc.