Re: command-line-args

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 06:07:34PM -0500, Luc Teirlinck wrote:
>    But if it is easy for users to adapt to the current behavior,
>    then let's not make this change.
>
> I believe the difficulty can be at most the (I believe relatively
> small) inconvenience of using:
>
> emacs --eval "(my-function)"

I think it's only the very few functions that specifically pay attention to
command-line arguments that are `adversely' affected by using
command-execute, and it's easy for those functions to get both cases right,
even without making a special command-line version of the function.  The code
that detects the command-line case just has to be put in the interactive form
too, e.g.:

   (interactive
    (if command-line-args-left
        (list (pop command-line-args-left))
      ...normal interactive processing...))

-Miles
--
Occam's razor split hairs so well, I bought the whole argument!