Re: command-line-args

Richard Stallman wrote:

   To me it seems cleaner always to use command-execute.

The one thing I would change is to not call `command-execute'
automatically if Emacs is run in batch mode.  Currently, no exception
is made for batch mode, whereas the motivation given only seems to
apply to interactive use.  Of course, `emacs -batch' can ask
"interactive" questions using standard input, but batch mode is often
invoked from `cron' and `at' jobs and the like.  If the script really
wants to ask interactive questions, it can call `command-execute'
explicitly.

Also, the new behavior should be documented in the NEWS and in the
Emacs manual (currently it is not).

Sincerely,

Luc.