Re: coding system config

Hi,

> i'm using emacs-w3m 1.3.6 with w3mmee 0.3.2 and emacs 21.3.1, and
> would use a little help on the correct coding system configuration for
> my current setup. mainly, i visit pages covered by the iso-8859-1(5)
> coding system and use

> (set-language-environment "Latin-1")

> in my .emacs. most web pages look ok, but, now and then, i find pages
> with some sparse characters that are displayed as japanese kanjis. for

When you use emacs-w3m with w3mmee, emacs-w3m decodes with coding-system
which is decided by w3mmee.

In your example:

| % w3mmee -dump=extra http://proquest.safaribooksonline.com/0130935387
| W3M-Current-URL: http://proquest.safaribooksonline.com/?XmlId=0-13-093538-7
| W3M-Document-Charset: shift_jis
                        ^^^^^^^^^
So, emacs-w3m treats the page encoded with shift_jis, and some characters
are displayed as kanjis.

w3mmee can change candidates of coding-system for autodetection.
How about following setting.

(setq w3m-dump-head-source-command-arguments
      '("-dump=extra,head,source" "-o" "mylang=iso"))

Regards,
ARISAWA Akihiro