[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Patch to emacs-w3m
Thanks for the patch to the w3m-decode-entities-string function.
I've installed it in the emacs-w3m CVS repository. FYI, the way
to check it out is mentioned in the later part of:
>>>>> In [emacs-w3m : No.05909]
>>>>> Paul Kinnucan <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi Katsumi
> I've discovered the cause of the problem. The JDEE installs a
> kill-buffer-hook function that performs a string-match operation
> without saving and restoring existing match data. This hook function
> is called every time w3m-decode-entities-string is called because
> w3m-decode-entities-string creates and kills a temporary buffer. This
> in turn resets the match data used by emacs-w3m to search for HTML
> elements through a rendered buffer, causing an infinite loop. I think
> this is the cause of the infinite loop problem that Jose
> Ruiz encountered and that started this thread.
I see. My doubt was solved.
> I have updated the JDEE's kill-buffer-hook function to save and
> restore existing match data and this solves the infinite loop problem
> with emacs-w3m. Nevertheless, I include a version of
> w3m-decode-entities-string that decodes entities in a string without
> creating a temporary buffer. The replacement should be faster than the
> existing version because it does not create and destroy buffers and
> should avoid similar problems in the future with kill-buffer-hook
> functions inadvertently destroying match data used by emacs-w3m.
Regardless of the kill-buffer-hook problem, the new code is
Katsumi Yamaoka <firstname.lastname@example.org>