Re: `call-process-region' bug?

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
> I reported the same problem 4 days ago and made a change to the
> emacs-w3m CVS trunk so that a point may move to the end of the
> region just before calling call-process-region.  However, please
> don't use the latest emacs-w3m CVS since it is currently buggy
> for asynchronous processes.  I'll announce when it is fixed.

Thanks.  I will keep using my local patch, since I use the Debian
package of the w3m-el files.

I will file a wishlist bug with them to upgrade to the next release when
available, though, to try and get it flushed out.

I still suspect that this is an XEmacs issue, though, since it seems
counter-intuitive to me (and looks like a change in behavior) to act
this way.

     Daniel

--
The two greatest obstacles to democracy in the United States are, first, the
widespread delusion among the poor that we have a democracy, and second, the