Re: Info never install

Hi,

> Hi,

>   I'm using emacs-w3m-1.3.6
>   When installing via 'make install' it skips "install-info" procedure.

>   I checked doc/Makefile and found that specifal treatment is performed for
>   Debian system:

> install: $(INFO_DEPS)
>         @if $(SHELL) -c $(INSTALL_INFO)' --version| sed 1q\
>                 | fgrep -s -v -i debian'>/dev/null 2>&1; then\

[...]

>    But actually, if-condition isn't true for non-Debian systems too
>    and for other versions of install-info. After removing if-condition
>    files successfuly install into info-tree.

What does your `install-info' return for the `--version' option?
I got the following in the RHL9 system:

% install-info --version| sed 1q
install-info (GNU texinfo) 4.3d

It doesn't violate the `fgrep -s -v -i debian' filter and is
resulted true.  That program was copied from Gnus.  I've never
heard such a problem so far in both emacs-w3m and Gnus communities.
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>