Re: search aliases not working

> I am a bit of a new user of emacs-w3m and have read the info pages
> (twice through, even).  I am having a problem getting the search aliases
> to work.  Below is my .emacs-w3m file.  I tried to follow the
> instructions, and have done a search on the web, but I seem to be
> leaving something out.  After I created the file I:

We recommend adding your favorite search engines and aliases to
`w3m-search-engine-alist' and `w3m-uri-replace-alist' as you see
in the Info manual.  You may rewrite them with the perfect lists,
though.

[...]

> ;; add these to the quicksearch interface
> (require 'w3m)
> (require 'w3m-search)

In that cace, I think you don't need to `require' any emacs-w3m
related modules.

> '(w3m-search-engine-alist ...)

>  '(w3m-uri-replace-alist ...)

>  '(w3m-use-cookies t)

Hmm, Emacs reads them but they will never affect anything.  You
may want to use the (setq VARIABLE VALUE) form instead of the
'(VARIABLE VALUE) form.  For instance:

Otherwise, you can also use the following adding forms.  Please
note, you need to use the (require 'w3m-search) form before
modifying the `w3m-search-engine-alist' variable.