Re: closing a tab

> On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 15:00:35 -0500 Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:

>> just a usability note: 'q' would seem the obvious choice to close
>> the current tab, but it instead switches all tabs out of the current
>> frame -- restarting w2-browse-url will restore ALL tabs, including
>> the one where 'q' was issued, and create a new one.

> I don't think it's a bug but the doc string is a bit confusing.
> `w3m-close-window' actually only buries the buffer and doesn't
> kill it.

I'm sorry for being not clear of the docstring that I wrote.
You might probably find better explanations for the `q' command
and the `Q' command in the Info document:

M-x info RET d m emacs-w3m RET m Browsing Web Pages RET
m Going Back to Daily Hacking and/or Daily Writing RET

>> Is there some way to close just the current tab?

C-c C-w

See also:
M-x info RET d m emacs-w3m RET m Working with buffers RET
m Creating and killing buffers RET

>> Is there a way to open the URL at the point into a new tab?

Put the following in your ~/.emacs-w3m.el file:

(setq w3m-make-new-session t)

and you can open a new tab by typing M-x w3m RET on a url string.