Re: Mouse-1 clicks in Emacs 22

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

> Oh, it makes Emacs like Windows!  I didn't know it and am not used to
> it yet, but it seems to be useful to all users.

The only drawback is that it is not possible to bind S-mouse-1 to
`w3m-mouse-view-this-url-new-session', because S-mouse-1 already pops up
the font selection menu.  One still has to use S-mouse-2.

What would people think of using mouse-2 to do that instead?  If mouse-1
follows links, it appears logical to use mouse-2 to do something else
and in other browsers (like Mozilla), mouse-2 does exactly that (it
opens a new tab).  That would of course be only the case in Emacs 22.

Comments?

--
Romain Francoise <romain@orebokech.com> | Sometimes I don't know where
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | this dirty road is taking me,