Re: html images still not viewed in gnus

> I put in my .gnus the line:
> (setq mm-w3m-safe-url-regexp nil)
> but STILL can't view html images with gnus.
> I didn't think it was so difficult!

Hm, I can test the article in question.  Could you forward it to
me?  It will be better to use the `2 S o m' key to send it.

> Within Emacs, when I did 'M-x info RET d m Emacs-w3m RET'
> I got the output: [No match].

The info manual seems to have been installed incorrectly or not
to have installed in your system.  Even so, you can see the Info
corresponding to the latest released version of emacs-w3m at:

http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/info/emacs-w3m.html

>> (defun gnus-summary-w3m-safe-toggle-inline-images (&optional arg)

[...]

>> (eval-after-load "gnus-sum"
>>   '(define-key gnus-summary-mode-map
>>      "\C-i" 'gnus-summary-w3m-safe-toggle-inline-images))

> I put in my .gnus the lines you reported,
> then in the summary buffer I did C-u C-i
> and in the echo area the following message appeared:

> Symbol's function definition is void: w3m-safe-toggle-inline-images

Strange.  That should be in emacs-w3m v1.3.80 and newer.

> . I'm almost desperate! Do you have any other suggestion?
> Maybe problems with the configuration? The installation seemed to be o.k.
> in the end.

I think you didn't succeed in installing emacs-w3m, or there
seems to be a zombi of the old emacs-w3m which might be bundled
with some distribution.  The first step that checks whether you
are using emacs-w3m which is newly installed is to run emacs-w3m
and type:

M-x report-emacs-w3m-bug RET

or to evaluate[1] the following S-expressions:

emacs-w3m-version
(locate-library "w3m")

[1] Copy each S-expression into the *scratch* buffer and type
`C-j' at the end of the line.

By the way, before installing emacs-w3m, you can see what
modules will be installed to where.  To do that, type the
following after you ran the configure program.

make what-where

The options which the configure program interprets can be seen
by typing:

./configure --help