Re: html images still not viewed in gnus [was: From newbie: problems with installation of w3m]

Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> After some difficulties, in the end I managed to install
> emacs-w3m in my system, but still can't view images within html mails,
> with gnus.
> In my .emacs I put the following:
>
> (add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name
"/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m"))

Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

> [...] type:
>
> M-x info RET d m Emacs-w3m RET m Gnus RET C-s Notes
>
> Also the way to enable to see all images is there.  That is:
>

> --=-=-=
>
> (setq mm-w3m-safe-url-regexp nil)
>
> --=-=-=

I put in my .gnus the line:
(setq mm-w3m-safe-url-regexp nil)
but STILL can't view html images with gnus.
I didn't think it was so difficult!

Within Emacs, when I did 'M-x info RET d m Emacs-w3m RET'
I got the output: [No match].

Katsumi:

> I don't recommend to do that, though.  Instead, how about the
> use of the following program being written on the same Info
> page?  I sometimes type `C-u C-i' in the summary buffer to look
> at all images in the mail sent from Amazon. ;-)
>

> --=-=-=
>
> (defun gnus-summary-w3m-safe-toggle-inline-images (&optional arg)
>   "Toggle displaying of all images in the article buffer.
> If the prefix arg is given, all images are considered to be safe."
>   (interactive "P")
>   (save-excursion
>     (set-buffer gnus-article-buffer)
>     (w3m-safe-toggle-inline-images arg)))
>
> (eval-after-load "gnus-sum"
>   '(define-key gnus-summary-mode-map
>      "\C-i" 'gnus-summary-w3m-safe-toggle-inline-images))
>
> --=-=-=--

I put in my .gnus the lines you reported,
then in the summary buffer I did C-u C-i
and in the echo area the following message appeared:

Symbol's function definition is void: w3m-safe-toggle-inline-images

. I'm almost desperate! Do you have any other suggestion?
Maybe problems with the configuration? The installation seemed to be o.k.
in the end.

Thanks,
Rodolfo