Re: shimbun/sb-zeit-de problem with content charset selection

> Hi altogether,

> unfortunately, I can't figure out whether this is a problem related to
> sb-zeit-de or rather to shimbun in general or even just my bad
> configuration.

> The site http://debatte.zeit.de/WebX?50@@.5cb7484d/324 has no charset
> specification in its header but is encoded in iso-8859-1.

It seems that it uses windows-1252 rather than iso-8859-1.
iso-8859-1 can be a substitute for it, though.  The page is
displayed almost correctly for both the *w3m* buffer and Gnus in
Emacs 22 without doing anything for it.  However, I noticed it
is very bad in Emacs 21.3.

> In order to view it properly, I set
> document_charset ISO-8859-1
> in ~/.w3m/config and
> (setq w3m-current-content-charset 'iso-8859-1)
> in ~/.emacs.

Setting w3m-current-content-charset is not a good idea.
Instead, try `C c' to specify the charset.

> This works fine for w3m as well as emacs-w3m. However, when viewing
> this article in gnus as a sb-zeit-de group article, the non ASCII
> characters appear as question marks.

> Any ideas how to tackle this problem?

I'll look into this, after releasing emacs-w3m 1.4.4. ;-)