Re: sb-rediff.el

Hi,

I'm sorry to have replied so late.  I found your message in the
folder that I'm rarely checking.  Please send such messages to
the list rather than the individual addresses.  In addition,
please write the ChangeLog by yourself (from the next time ;-).

> Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 00:06:58 -0800 (PST)
> From: Vishwanathan S V N <vishketan@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: sb-rediff.el
> To: Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>

> Here is another update on sb-rediff.el It improves
> some of the regexp matching.  Strangely enough it
> looks like some of the previous changes did not make
> it in. I did a diff and found them. Anyway here is the
> composite merge of everything.

Thanks.  I've installed it in the emacs-w3m CVS repository.
However, I noticed some articles empty.  Those urls are:

http://in.rediff.com/cms/print.jsp?docpath=news/2005/apr/07pope.htm
http://in.rediff.com/cms/print.jsp?docpath=news/2005/apr/07cpm.htm

May we not repair them?

> Do you have any tips on how to debug this class
> properly? There are still a few messages which I see
> come up blank because probably the regexp matching is
> not perfect. I would like to investigate the cause
> more but I don't understand enough of the luna
> framework :(

I don't know the right way to debug luna forms either.  The way
I'm usually using is to divide the luna form into two parts and
to perform edebug on the later form which is a normal Lisp
function, like the comments you've added to shimbun-make-contents
in sb-rediff.el.

(luna-define-method shimbun-make-contents :before
  ((shimbun shimbun-rediff) header)
;;; <DEBUG>
;;  (shimbun-rediff-make-contents shimbun header))
;;
;;(defun shimbun-rediff-make-contents (shimbun header)
;;; </DEBUG>
  (setq case-fold-search nil)
  (when (re-search-forward

[...]

To restart Emacs is needed after removing the comments and
byte-compiling the file.

Regards,