Re: Strange characters displayed in lists

From: Stefan Reichör <stefan@xxxxxxxxx> said
Subject: [emacs-w3m:08742] Re: Strange characters displayed in lists
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 07:32:42 +0200

> >> Some characters can not be displayed correct on my system. They are
> >> replaced by a placeholder rectangle.
> >
> > Could you let me know the url(s) where you looked at such
> > characters?
>
> http://www.keplerproject.org/luafilesystem/

I think right to display `placeholder rectangle' that
characters.

Because this menu written by 'list item' used
`placeholder rectangle'.

> The menu on the left side shows that characters (before Overview,
> Status, Download,...)

> It looks o.k. on other browsers.

If you will, please try again your other browser without CSS.

So, you will look like emacs-w3m because emacs-w3m does not
analysis CSS :-)

  e.g., on Firefox
    Select "View => Page Style => No style"

emacs-w3m on UTF-8 show list items bellow

  <ul>
    <li>test1</li>
    <ul>
      <li>test2</li>