Problem with browse-url-of-buffer and w3m

Hi all,

I ran into a problem with the function browse-url-of-buffer when w3m
is used as the browser. If the buffer to be viewed has no file
associated with it, it is saved in a temporary file that does not have
a .html extention. It is thus not recognized by w3m as an html
document. If I set w3m-local-find-file-function to nil,, I can open
the file after supplying the "text/html" content type in the
mini-buffer when asked. As far as I can tell, the variable w3m-content-type-alist
varaiable is consulted by the funtion w3m-local-file-type to determine
the content type of local files. Files without an extention are
"unknown".

I have implemented some code that uses the "file" utility when
available to determine the content type of local files if
w3m-content-type-alist has no matching entry. Would there be interest
in such a patch?

Does anyone have any other ideas how to fix this problem?

Best regards, Lukas