Re: minibuffer resized when loading url is done

> I found that every time a new url is loaded, a message is echoed in
> minibuffer. Even though the message is short, minibuffer is expanded
> to 2-lines height. This is visually disturbing.

Yes, that is annoying.  The cause is that Emacs enlarged the
height of the echo area for displaying a long message[1] just
before displaying the last (short) message.

[1] In that case, that might have been:
Reading http://wwwx.cs.unc.edu/favicon.ico... (Type `C-c C-k' to stop asynchronous process)

This is annoying, but it is useful for those who don't know how
to kill the processes which connect to very slow servers, for
example.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to shrink the height
immediately.  Anyone?

Regards,