w3m - ASCII 160

Hi all --

I use: XEmacs 21.4.12, Wanderlust 2.12.2, emacs-w3m 1.4.4, and w3m to
render html mails inside Wanderlust message buffers (all on Linux). I
used to use w3m 0.3.1, and just recently switched to 0.5.1.

Since switching, I notice that ASCII 160 (0xA0) in mails I receive is
rendered as a question-mark (?). I have:

  (standard-display-ascii 160 " " (selected-device))

but it seems this character is getting drawn as a question-mark by
w3m, and emacs is never seeing the raw character.

Does anybody know of differences between w3m 0.3.1 and 0.5.1 that
would cause this to change, or know how to get this properly drawn as
a blank space?

Thanks!

--
Ron Isaacson
Morgan Stanley

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender
does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.