Re: Outstanding bugs/wishes from Debian BTS

> * #177243: w3m-el: cookies broken for Australian XEmacs users
>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=177243

;; Maybe (setq w3m-time-parse-string (function ...)) is a typo
;; of '(fset 'w3m-time-parse-string (function ...)).

I believe we have no need to cope with this report because the
function that is exactly the same as the authors' solution will
be chosen if emacs-w3m runs under the modern XEmacsen that
emacs-w3m currently supports.  (I don't see why the author's
solution can distinguish Australian EST and American EST if a
time string expresses the timezone as just EST.  I guess the
author modified `timezone-world-timezones' so that EST is mapped
to +1000.)

> * #281532: w3m-el: window heights changed after following links.
>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=281532

This is not an emacs-w3m problem.  The author should complain to
the Emacs team, if it still happens with the recent Emacs.  I do
not see it with Emacs 22.1, 23.0.50, and 23.0.0, though.

> * #344015: w3m-el: https auth not supported (?)
>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=344015

Luca Capello wrote in the reply that the problem seemed to have
gone, though there's no answer from the author.  Anyway I think
it's hard to support any kind of web authentication.  Things I
can do are to have an account in a site and to make emacs-w3m
work with it one by one.  In other words, it is no wonder that
emacs-w3m does not work with all such.

> * #364883: w3m-el: SRFI 14 does not render correctly.
>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=364883

I think I can make emacs-w3m work with:

http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-14/srfi-14.html

What I need to do is only one; that is to fix the following
broken link:

... <a href="#
char-set-filter!">
char-set-filter!</a>

However, is it really necessary to do so (even if Firefox works)?
If I do the fix, I have to verify that it causes no problem with
all cases.  If anything, I think it's better to ask the site
admin for correcting the web contents.

> * #419647: w3m-el should not silently reject cookies by default
>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=419647

This issue has already been closed, hasn't it?  See:

http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.emacs.w3m/thread=6740/force_load=t

Regards,