Re: emacs-w3m cannot quit from a w3m-session

> I guess it happens because a url that is an empty string has been
> registered (or is about to be registered) in your "~/.w3m/.arrived"
> file.  Isn't there a line that begins with

>  (""

> in that file?

Naohiro Aota discovered a special case where such a funny one is
generated[1].  For example, if the `w3m-goto-url' function is
called non-interactively with the argument "/" as a url[2], or
if a user set the `w3m-home-page' variable to "/", it will be
normalized[3] into "".  Isn't it your case?  Anyway, the code in
question has already been fixed in CVS thanks to Naohiro Aota.
Could you try it?  But even with using it you will still need to
remove such elements if any in the ~/.w3m/arrived file.

> An `element' means the one which looks like:

>  (""
>   "PageTitle"
>   nil
>   (18263 30018 483795)
>   nil
>   nil)

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.w3m/7177
[2] The url "/" is for browsing the root directory of the localhost.
[3] `Normalize' is performed for regarding "http://foo/"; as the
    same as "http://foo";.

Regards,