Re: Status of including emacs-w3m in emacs?

Leo <sdl.web@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> There has been discussions of including emacs-w3m in emacs on this
>>> list. What is the current status of this? It would be very beneficial
>>> if emacs-w3m could be included in emacs.
>>
>> It is behindhand unfortunately.  The main reason is that it is
>> hard for some active developers to obtain employers' agreement
>> on signing to a paper to FSF.
>
> This is really a pity. I think Emacs needs a browser ;)

Yes indeed!

Is there any way we can move forward?

- Is it possible to make an emacs-w3m-light variant, which doesnt
include the problematic code, and which is still somewhat useful?

If this is possible standard emacs packages could begin to benefit
from emacs-w3m-light, and users could begin using it, and then upgrade
to the full emacs-w3m later.

- Is it possible to contact the employers and appeal to them?

--
Joakim Verona