Re: "Reading" message charset

> I enter
> URL or Keyword (default HOME): http://www.google.com.tw/search?q=台中縣+戶政課
> and there is a brief message in the middle of the screen that it is
> "Reading" that URL.

I've fixed it in the emacs-w3m CVS trunk.  Thanks.

> However the character set for this brief message looks like it is
> still iso-8859-1, even though I do (setq w3m-default-coding-system
> 'utf-8).

It is due to the decoding of url string, which is normally
encoded into 7bit characters to pass to the web server and is not
human-readable. However, it has not been encoded yet in that case.
The cause is that the url is mistakenly decoded by a certain coding
system held in the `w3m-coding-system-priority-list' variable.

> Also that brief message is gone with no way for me to find it and show
> it to you. It is not stored anywhere.

This is controlled by:
,----
| w3m-verbose is a variable defined in `w3m.elc'.
| Its value is nil
|
| Documentation:
| *Flag controls whether to log messages in the *Messages* buffer.
| If it is nil, a lot of messages issued by emacs-w3m will be displayed
| only in the echo area.
`----

Regards,