Re: w3m-session and emacs23

Hello,

First of all, thanks for answering !

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 12:01 AM, Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First of all, please send such a message to the emacs-w3m list
> <emacs-w3m@xxxxxxxxxx> directly.  It's necessarily the best.
> Because even the package author, moreover the emacs-w3m team,
> isn't necessarily able to solve a problem.
> (Shirai-san forwarded your message there to ask for help.  He
>  said he is too busy to install Emacs 23.)

Sorry, I didn't know the existence of this mailing list otherwise I would have
use it instead of sending my question directly to the package author.

> At least the most recent w3m-session on the most recent Emacs 23
> in my Linux box works with no problem.  What command did you
> perform when you thought w3m-session didn't work?

M-s

>  Did it issue a warning or an error message then?

yes:
        mapc: Wrong type argument: listp, w3m-session

also it looks like the jao-w3m-go-to-linknum() function (please see below
my ~/.emacs file) doesn't work anymore, I got this message now

       jao-w3m-go-to-linknum: Symbol's value as variable is void:
w3m-link-numbering-mode

> What kind of a platform do you run emacs-w3m on?

on Linux (fedora 9).

>  Have you tried the most recent emacs-w3m?
> That is: http://cvs.namazu.org/emacs-w3m.tar.gz

Ok, I tried this one and did the ./configure; make; make install but it
still fails to show me my sessions.

> Emacs-w3m is always being developed, so you might have gotten
> the one in which some bugs have not been fixed yet.

I didn't know about that. The packages avalaible on the web site are
pretty old almost 4 years old so I thought the development was
stalled somehow. Good to hear I was wrong !

Here's what I put in my .emacs to load w3m, maybe that can help:

(if (= emacs-major-version 23)
    (add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m")
  (add-to-list 'load-path "~/share/emacs/w3m/e22")
)

(require 'w3m-load)
;;(require 'w3m)
;;(require 'w3m-session)
;;(require 'w3m-lnum)

(setq browse-url-browser-function 'w3m-browse-url)
(setq browse-url-new-window-flag t)
(setq w3m-use-cookies t)
(setq w3m-key-binding 'info)
(setq w3m-home-page "http://www.google.fr";)
(setq w3m-use-cookies t)

(defun jao-w3m-go-to-linknum ()
  "Turn on link numbers and ask for one to go to."
  (interactive)
  (let ((active w3m-link-numbering-mode))
    (when (not active) (w3m-link-numbering-mode))
    (unwind-protect
	(w3m-move-numbered-anchor (read-number "Anchor number: "))
      (when (not active) (w3m-link-numbering-mode)))))

(defun local-w3m-mode-hook ()
  (define-key w3m-mode-map "f" 'jao-w3m-go-to-linknum)
  (define-key w3m-mode-map (kbd "C-x b") nil))

(add-hook 'w3m-mode-hook 'local-w3m-mode-hook)

(setq w3m-session-file "~/.emacs.d/w3m-session")
(setq w3m-session-save-always nil)
(setq w3m-session-load-always nil)
(setq w3m-session-show-titles t)
(setq w3m-session-duplicate-tabs 'ask)