Re: Problem with sb-rss-hash (bug in luna?)

David Engster <deng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> writes:
>> This issue was discussed in:
>>
>> http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.emacs.w3m/thread=7974/force_load=t
>>
>> But we seem to have no smart solution so far, except for a workaround.
>> That is, Arisawa-san provided the `shimbun-rss-initialize-ignored-subject'
>> function and modified sb-itmedia.el and sb-opentechpress-jp.el so as to
>> use it in the `initialize-instance' method as follows:
>
> I think the following function will do the right thing:
>
>      (defun luna-class-find-parents-functions (class service)

After getting more familiar with CLOS, I see now that this actually does
the wrong thing, so please just disregard it... I didn't know that when
doing multiple inheritance in CLOS, the parent class named first is seen
as more specialized.

However, I still wonder why the initialize-instance :after method from
sb-rss is not called. I don't think that one should have to do the
initialization for the ignored-subject slot explicitly.

Regards,
David