Re: emacs-w3m supports url "file:///c:/.../filename.html" but not "file://c:/../filename.html"

> This is the first time I post here.

> I test "file://c:/.../filename.html" with w3m, firefox and IE.  All
> of them work.  But I got an error "Cannot retrieve URL: file://..."
> from emacs-w3m in Emacs.  I am using Emacs on Windows Vista.

> I found the problem is in "w3m-url-to-file-name" in w3m.el.
> This function cannot translate the two slashes URL into filename.

> Below is an ugly fix to the problem.

I'm not familiar with that issue but I glanced at the web in
which someone wrote that rfc3986 obsoleted rfc2936 and file:///c:
is the only right thing now.  But I verified Vista still allows
file://c:/ as well.  I can imagine Windows people use both types
and that emacs-w3m does not support it causes inconvenience.  So,
I've installed your patch with a slight modification.

Could you let me know your full name?  It needs to be in the
ChangeLog entry.

Thanks.