Re: Proposal to change shimbun-rss-build-message-id

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> writes:
>> The function shimbun-rss-build-message-id, which should build a unique
>> message-id from an URL and optionally a date, fails for some of my RSS
>> groups. This is due to two things:
>
>> * Everything after a '?' in the URL is ignored, which is problematic
>>   since some CMS (e.g. Typo3) can generate RSS feeds with URLs like
>
>>   index.php?id=100&item=3124
>
>> * The optional date is not used at all.

> TSUCHIYA-san wrote in [emacs-w3m:10061] as follows:
>
> (cf. http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.emacs.w3m/thread=7421)

[...]

> T> The point is how we treat things that follow "?".  As you know
> T> it's the CGI's query part, which often contains a session ID.
> T> If it's just a session ID, it will be as follows when having
> T> fetched the index page for the first time:

> T> But it will be the following when fetching the same index page
> T> for the second time:

Maybe we are talking about different things here.

I thought shimbun-rss-build-message-id takes URLs which are published
through RSS feeds. Those do not contain session IDs.

I have the problem that I read RSS feeds through rss-hash which publish
URLs like

index.php?id=256&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=214&cHash=717f4649d4
index.php?id=256&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=213&cHash=498f45accb

and so on. This is a feed generated by tt_news, a widely used plugin for
Typo3. With the current default implemention of
shimbun-rss-build-message-id, the generated MIDs are not unique.

> So, I implemented the version of `shimbun-rss-build-message-id'
> that strips nothing in sb-mainichi.el, and in sb-nytimes.el
> afterward.

OK. Then I would suggest to override shimbun-rss-build-message-id for
rss-hash (and probably also atom-hash) with the version that doesn't
strip everything after '?'.

Regards,
David