Re: Proposal to change shimbun-rss-build-message-id

[...]
> Maybe we are talking about different things here.

> I thought shimbun-rss-build-message-id takes URLs which are published
> through RSS feeds. Those do not contain session IDs.

Tsuyoshi CHO wrote in [emacs-w3m:10063] that there will likely
be not only session IDs but also meaningless queries or the ones
for tracking ?rss, etc.  Those cause different IDs for a single
article.  So, he agreed that the default behavior of
`shimbun-rss-build-message-id' is that of sb-rss.el.

> I have the problem that I read RSS feeds through rss-hash which publish
> URLs like

> index.php?id=256&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=214&cHash=717f4649d4
> index.php?id=256&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=213&cHash=498f45accb

> and so on. This is a feed generated by tt_news, a widely used plugin for
> Typo3. With the current default implemention of
> shimbun-rss-build-message-id, the generated MIDs are not unique.

>> So, I implemented the version of `shimbun-rss-build-message-id'
>> that strips nothing in sb-mainichi.el, and in sb-nytimes.el
>> afterward.

> OK. Then I would suggest to override shimbun-rss-build-message-id for
> rss-hash (and probably also atom-hash) with the version that doesn't
> strip everything after '?'.

Though I'm not an expert for that, I believe it's harmless.

Regards,