allow one to still choose xpdf instead of doc-view

My god, that's tons and tons of lisp to add to one's .emacs file, just
to say "I wish to have emacs still call xpdf when encountering a .pdf
file, like back before they introduced doc-view".

I'm filing an emacs-pretest-bug so they will make it easier to allow one
to choose if one wants doc-view, or stick with xpdf.