[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: right clicking on URL in emacs-w3m vs. gnus
- From: Ted Zlatanov <tzz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:20:37 -0500
- X-ml-name: emacs-w3m
- X-mail-count: 11212
- References: <87sk6thfcc.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 06:41:23 +0800 jidanni@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
j> In emacs-w3m, right clicking on a link brings up a menu with lots of choices.
j> However doing the same action inside gnus doesn't.
j> E.g., try right clicking on http://example.org/ .
This is composed of two things actually:
1) the emacs-w3m popup menu should be accessible in the Article buffer.
Currently it can be invoked with (w3m-mouse-major-mode-menu EVENT) so it
*can* be bound to right-click in the article mode by the user. This
part is pretty easy.
2) right-click on a URL should bring up that menu. I'm not sure if
there are any other logical things to hang on right-click in Gnus. For
instance we could bring up the Treatment or Commands menus that are
otherwise in the pulldown. So maybe the emacs-w3m menu should be under
the main popup menu in the article buffer, and it should also show up in
the menu bar when the article buffer is using emacs-w3m.