Re: header line drifts off view

Tomas Hlavaty <tom@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi Stepan,
>
>> The emacs-w3m header line is different from the usual Emacs header
>> line in that it does not stay visible when scrolling the buffer --
>> it's just like a first text line in the buffer, which disappears when
>> scrolling.
>>
>> I gather the reason is that it's actually _not_ an Emacs header line
>> (which is used for tab bar in emacs-w3m), but it's very inconvenient
>> -- I find myself wanting to check the current URL very often so I
>> would very much appreciate if it could stay in view all the time. Is
>> there a way to get that?
>
> I don't use the tab bar and the location line stays in place at the top
> just fine.  I suppose you want both the tab bar and the location line
> there?

Thank you very much, I didn't know that was related!

And I even like it better now without the tab bar ;-) (I had no real use
for it anyway, other than a visual indication of the opened w3m
buffers). I still consider the current behaviour suboptimal, though --
perhaps an option could be added, in case someone actually likes the
disappearing URL line?

Best regards,

Štěpán