Select-buffer by number

Hi,

`C-c C-s' is my favorite way to navigate my w3m buffers, but with lots
of buffers, using <up> and <down> can be a little bit tedious.

I found no obvious way to navigate to buffer n with a number prefix,
so I quickly tried this and it seems to work:

(define-key w3m-select-buffer-mode-map "g"
  (lambda (arg)
    (interactive "p")
    (goto-line arg)
    (w3m-select-buffer-show-this-line)))

But I am still puzzled that this does not seem to work out of the box.
Did I miss anything in the documentation?

Memnon