Re: login button

In [emacs-w3m : No.11741] Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
> The reason a button isn't displayed is that the label text for
> the button in question is empty.  By default emacs-w3m uses Emacs'
> widget library, that won't make a button for an empty text.
> So, I've changed emacs-w3m so as to use "submit" as a label in
> such cases.  Maybe we get to view the "submit" buttons here and
> there from now on.  If anyone sees a "submit" button that is not
> for submitting, please report it. ;-)

Thanks a lot forthe quick fix. Possibly it would be sufficient to
replace "submit" by a more generic "button". I assume depending on the
context of a particular web page, it should be clear what "button"
stands for.

> > So I assume it is a problem of how Emacs w3m communicates with w3m.
>
> Thanks for pointing it out.  I haven't verified it with w3m/0.5.1
> yet, but I guess it fills an empty label with a space or something.

Yes, the old w3m gives a `[]', which is not much, but sufficient to
submit.

I did not respond to your fix earlier because I posted my message via
gnus and I expected it to appear on gmane.emacs.w3m. So I just wanted to
submit directly to the emacs-w3m mailing list when I saw that my message
had appeared there correctly.

Thanks again,

Roland