Re: long source lines cause cursor to jam when searching

In [emacs-w3m : No.11804] jidanni@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
KY> M-x toggle-truncate-lines before searching will avoid the cursor
KY> from being stuck, but that's not a solution.  I've been suspecting
KY> it's an Emacs 24 bug.
> ♥♥♥ Please report it for me if you can reproduce it!

♠♠♠ Unfortunately I've never yet found a generic way (i.e. without
emacs-w3m) to reproduce this.  What I knew about it so far are:

It doesn't happen
・in tty (emacs -nw)
・when performing `M-: (forward-char)' instead of `C-f'
・when visiting html comtents from a file, that is gotten by wget
・in an Emacs buffer in which the html contents are copied from
  a *w3m* buffer.
・after performing `M-: (kill-all-local-variables)'

So, I have no conviction that emacs-w3m does not, though I suspect
an Emacs bug in one side.