name of current link flashes again momentarily when we browse a new page

Rest the cursor upon a link. The link destination appears in the minibuffer.

Now let's say we want to browse another page, or do a search.

Well, we see in the minibuffer the destination of the new page.

But then all the sudden, momentarily, the destination of that previous link
flashes again there!

Then we see the destination of the new page again.

Looking in *Messages* via C-h e shows what happened:

Reading http://www.google.com.tw/search?q=printing+blocks+of+text+in+C&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8... (Type `C-c C-k' to stop asynchronous process)
http://jidanni.org/geo/taipower/programs/taipower_grids.tgz <===YUCK !!
Reading http://www.google.com.tw/search?q=printing+blocks+of+text+in+C&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8...done

Please don't flash the name of the link again! It is so distracting.