Re: Cygwin environment for w3m

Greetings, Katsumi-san!  It has been a long time since we have seen you on
the VM forum!

> Thanks for the info.  But in my Emacs built on Cygwin[1], I've
> never seen the value of system-type is windows-nt; that is just
> cygwin.  So, I've never had a chance the env var CYGWIN is set
> (actually CYGWIN is not set in my xterm).

Yes, Cygwin Emacs will regard cygwin as its system-type.  Windows Emacs
regards windows-nt as its system-type.  We can still run Cygwin processes
from inside Windows Emacs, obviously.

> You can change the value of w3m-command-environment as you like
> since it is a user option that only provides a default value,
> but it's good to change emacs-w3m so as to provide a valid one,
> not an obsolete one, as the default.  Could you let us know what
> is the best way to change this?
>
> (defcustom w3m-command-environment
> [...]
> 	 (if (eq system-type 'windows-nt)
> 	     (cons "CYGWIN" "binmode tty"))

The minimal change would be just:

(defcustom w3m-command-environment
[...]
	 (if (eq system-type 'windows-nt)
	     (cons "CYGWIN" "binmode"))

I presume that "binmode" is there for a good reason.  So, no need to modify
it.

Cheers,
Uday