Re: open link without switching focus

In [emacs-w3m : No.12086] Eric Abrahamsen wrote:
> I'm trying to mess with my emacs setup so I can use w3m instead of a
> separate browser when opening links from various RSS feeds in gnus.

> The only thing stopping me is that I can't make new w3m buffers open in
> the background, which is a pretty important part of zooming through RSS
> feeds and stacking up what you want to read.

> w3m-new-session-in-background sure looks like it should control exactly
> this, but w3m still steals focus. Is it because I'm popping up frames?

IIUC it is effective only if you are in a w3m-mode buffer and visit
a page as a new tab.  Unfortunately, I can imagine it is hard to
make emacs-w3m raise a frame without focusing it, since the frame
creation relies on a window manager and Emacs doesn't necessarily
control well any kind of system.

In Cygwin, the function `raise-frame' doesn't raise nor focus an
existing lowered frame for example (I have a workaround to make it
work, of course ;-), so at least I'm not suited to improve it.