Re: using filter correctly?

In [emacs-w3m : No.12098] Samuel Wales <samologist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thank you.  I tried the searches and they work fine, but it seems as
> if the filter is  not being run.  I put a message in it and it did not
> appear.

Hm, isn't the message recorded in the "*Messages*" buffer?
If you put that message within (when ...), i.e.,

(when search-is-successful
  (message "Hello World")
  ...)

that this message doesn't appear will probably mean that the search
fails.  A possible cause of the failure will be that the other
filters modify html contents before running your filter.  Even if
your filter is the first item of `w3m-filter-configuration',
currently filters specified in `w3m-filter-rules', if any, run first.