Re: M is now browsing with emacs-w3m instead of firefox due to my overloaded configuration files that grow larger each day due to helpful advice

jidanni@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> The latest problem is M is now browsing with emacs-w3m instead of
> firefox.

That's because you did

   (setq browse-url-browser-function #'w3m-browse-url)

as I suggested.  Obviously, this setting is also respected by w3m.
Maybe w3m could behave better in this case.  Anyway, here's what I do:

(add-hook
 'w3m-mode-hook
 (lambda ()
   (set (make-local-variable 'browse-url-browser-function)
	#'browse-url-generic)))

I should have mentioned that yesterday, sorry.

Regards,

Michael.