Re: M is now browsing with emacs-w3m instead of firefox due to my overloaded configuration files that grow larger each day due to helpful advice

OK now I
(define-key w3m-mode-map "M"    'browse-url-firefox)
in .emacs-w3m.
All that is left is the case when the cursor is not on a link.
Then I want it to browse the current page.
Just like it used to do.

OK so I need to
bind M
so that if it is on a link, then it does 'browse-url-firefox
otherwise it does `browse-url-of-buffer' using firefox.

Note the above is for emacs-w3m. Everything is fine now in gnus.

All I am trying to do is make it do what it did before somebody changed things.