Re: key remapping

Hi,

let me first say that you might regret redefining mouse keys this
way. mouse-2 following links is a principle in the whole of Emacs (Info,
dired, ...)  You might not want to have inconsistent bindings in
different modes.  BTW, to be honest, I don't like this behavior much,
too.

In w3m, the standard binding for opening a session in the background is
shift mouse-2.

If you nonetheless want what you described, I'd do it like this:

(add-hook
 'w3m-mode-hook
 (lambda ()
   (setq w3m-new-session-in-background t)
   (setq-local mouse-1-click-follows-link nil)
   (local-set-key [mouse-1] #'w3m-mouse-view-this-url)
   (local-set-key [mouse-2] #'w3m-mouse-view-this-url-new-session)))

Michael.