Re: w3m session file format

Hi.

Max <maxim.suraev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi.
>
> I've got saved emacs-w3m session of 16 tabs. but the corresponding entry in session
> file is huge (about 100Kb) and seems to contain plenty of urls visited long before.
>
> 1. What's the format for w3m session file - where is it documented?

The session file can be thought of a list of w3m history dump. You can
look for w3m-history's docstring for the format of the dump.

You can also see a comment in w3m-session.el. There is aline "format of
session file." and following it, there are simpe description of session file.

> 2. Is there a way to automatically cleanup sessions upon  saving them? So the session
> with 16 opened tabs will contain only 16 urls and nothing more.

I don't think we have one. But we can modify
w3m-session-history-to-save() to drop the history.