^M from

With cvs w3m.el and recent debian w3m 0.5.3, visiting the file cr.html
below with w3m-find-file displays

    Hello^MWorld

where the ^M is a CR character in the buffer.  I think I hoped to see a
space like

    Hello World

which is what w3m displays on the console (ie. not inside emacs).

I'm unsure when entities and whitespace are supposed to be interpreted,
and I expect writing
 is not a good idea, but since w3m and lynx
display as a space maybe emacs-w3m could too.

I struck this in debian proftpd-doc package
/usr/share/doc/proftpd-doc/Configuration.html which shows lines like

    ^MAccessDenyMsg

Its meta "generator" says it came from some docbook so presumably some
mechanical mangling has somehow caused
.
Hello World

--
The sigfile one-line movie reviews series:
"Cold Fever" -- one of the top-5 Japanese-Icelandic road movies ever made.