Re: ^M from

In [emacs-w3m : No.12378]
	On Sat, 04 Oct 2014 11:25:06 +1000, Kevin Ryde wrote:
> With cvs w3m.el and recent debian w3m 0.5.3, visiting the file cr.html
> below with w3m-find-file displays

>     Hello^MWorld

> where the ^M is a CR character in the buffer.  I think I hoped to see a
> space like

>     Hello World

> which is what w3m displays on the console (ie. not inside emacs).

> I'm unsure when entities and whitespace are supposed to be interpreted,
> and I expect writing
 is not a good idea, but since w3m and lynx
> display as a space maybe emacs-w3m could too.

Firefox and IE shows it as "", not " ".  I don't know which is
better, nor what we should do for other unprintable characters,
but it would probably be reasonable to make emacs-w3m behave
like w3m.  For now, I've added `(?\C-m . ? )' to
`w3m-extra-numeric-character-reference' (of which the docstring
begins with "*", so you can modify it in your taste ;-).

Thanks.