Re: blank page not cleared on local file error

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> writes:

> In [emacs-w3m : No.12437]
> 	On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 15:52:57 +1000, Kevin Ryde wrote:
>>     Cannot retrieve URL
>> but the message in the buffer
>>     "Reading ..."
>> remains.
>
> I've made it denote `failed' with pulling a little stunt.  Thanks.

Can the current url become the failed target file:///nosuchfile.html, so
that then "B" goes back to where you were?  That would make a
non-existent file more like a http 404.

It'd also be good for when starting M-x w3m-browse-url
file:///tmp/nosuch.html.  Then that would be the current url to see in
"=", or to reload with "R" if something happens externally to bring the
file into existence (mounting a drive, running a program, etc).