Re: w3m-filter-delete-regions feature enhancements (patch included)

On 2017-05-30 08:47, Boruch Baum wrote:
> On 2017-05-30 19:22, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
> > In [emacs-w3m : No.12664]
> . . .
> > In addition, could you show some filter examples by which the
> > revised `w3m-filter-delete-regions' is used conveniently?
>
> Sure, I have a bunch handy already, two of which are for sites popular
> enough to be considered for the package. The following code contains:
>
> 1] My latest version of `w3m-filter-delete-regions', which adds
> optional bounds and count to limit the scope of the function.
>
> 2] A modified version of 'w3m-filter-replace-regex'
>
> 3 & 4] Filters for slashdot.org and rt.com

Umm, a bit of explanation for the slashdot and rt filters are
necessary. I've never used them for directly navigating to their
homepages. My use case is that I have an external rss reader (called
'newsbeuter') which I have configured to send get requests for
specific pages to emacs-w3m. Thus, the filters were written for those
sites' news articles pages, not their home pages. I'd be willing to
write adjustments to the filters, if there's interest.

Just testing those home pages now before I actually send off this
update, and the news is prretty good.

1] The slashdot filter produces a pretty clean result, on the home
page but it has some cruft that could be removed.

2] The rt filter has the original cruft still present of the home
page, and isn't so clean, but it doesn't seem to break the page or any
of the links to articles.

To see what both filterswere actually written to accomplish, visit a
news article on each of the sites.

Kind regards,

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0