Re: w3m-url-fallback-base

In [emacs-w3m : No.12757]
On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 00:06:11 +0900, TSUCHIYA-san wrote:
[...]
> I think that this default value has no technical ground.
> My suppose grounds to this code:

>       (setq base (or w3m-current-base-url
> 		     w3m-current-url
> 		     w3m-url-fallback-base)))

> This code means that `w3m-url-fallback-base' is simply used
> only when no appropriate default value is given.

And if a situation gives neither `w3m-current-base-url' nor
`w3m-current-url', the result will be 99.9% useless no matter
what `w3m-url-fallback-base' is.

> In other words, if the context gives another appropriate default
> value, the context sholud set the default value to
> `w3m-current-base-url' or `w3m-url-fallback-base', in my opinion.

100% agreeed.  The cases where `w3m-expand-url' is called with no
`BASE' argument are not so many; it would be a great work if one
could specify it in each case (and remove `w3m-url-fallback-base'
eventually).  Anyway I will leave it as it is until someone comes
with a better solution.

Thanks.