Re: reading message left when image url on a tty

In [emacs-w3m:12793]
On Sat, 09 Sep 2017 18:28:29 +1000, Kevin Ryde wrote:
> With current cvs on the console or "emacs -nw", if a http target url is
> type image/png then the "reading ..." message remains after reading has
> in fact finished.  (Doesn't happen for file://, only http://.)

> Going blank would be ok.  Something to say image undisplayable would be
> cute, maybe with mime type and/or emacs image type to hint why.

> I struck this under "dbab" which blocks advertising and bad sites by
> faking dns to go localhost and there serving dummy 1x1 image/gif
> -- not great for text mode, but as long as emacs-w3m doesn't say
> "reading" when it's not then that's ok.

Thank you for pointing this out.  I've improved this, and also
made external-view[1] work properly.  Could you try CVS?

[1] `w3m-content-type-alist', that specifies external viewers
 corresponding to content types, reads user's ~/.mailcap and
 ~/.mime.types files by using mailcap.elc.  To update the value
 after customizing those files, eval

(makunbound 'w3m-content-type-alist)

 and load w3m.el(c) again.
   If you'd like to customize `w3m-content-type-alist' directly
 instead of customizing the ~/.mailcap file or the ~/.mime.types
 file, not to use the external viewer for image/png for example,
 use this way or the like:

(add-hook
 'w3m-load-hook
 (lambda ()
   (let ((tem (assoc "image/png" w3m-content-type-alist)))
     (if tem
	 (setcdr (cdr tem) '(nil nil))
       (add-to-list
	'w3m-content-type-alist