asynchronous operation

How is it that emacs-w3m runs its processes asynchronously, yet it
occassionally issues warnings, "Cannot run two w3m processes simultaneously,
Type C-c C-k to stop asynchronous process"?

1) That's the whole point of asynchronous operation!

2) In fact, the message is wrong, because I can continue work in emacs,
and even perform other emacs-w3m operations simultaneously.

Is there something that I'm missing?

I made a relevant edit today regarding this on the emacswiki; however,
unless I'm missing something, the warnings should be removed.

It looks like the message exists in three separate places, twice in
w3m.el, and once in w3m-search.el, but I wanted to be sure that I'm not
missing something before submitting a patch.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0