- I started emacs with : sudo -E emacs -Q (using my own env variables) and it worked! But if I started with: env -i emacs -Q, it did not.

The only thing missed was the damn ~/.w3m/. Deleted it, started my configs from zero. And the sky is blue again!

ありがとう ございます!

Em qua, 12 de set de 2018 às 09:38, Boruch Baum <boruch_baum@xxxxxxx> escreveu:

Thanks for reporting to us, Rahul.

On 2018-09-11 20:18, Rahul Juliato wrote:
>    Please write in simple English, because the emacs-w3m developers
>    aren't good at English reading. ;-)

Ouch...

I'm not able to reproduce the bug. (@Rahul: Please follow these steps so
we can be sure that we are doing the same thing):

1) Verify that I'm using a clean upstream version.

2) My version is 1.4.629, which is seven commits ahead of Rahul's, so
   maybe Rahul could try updating.

   I just now looked and see that the latest Fedora package seems to be
   newer (1.4.631 ??), and the MELPA package is dated April, so it's an
   older version. Taking a look at the underlying MELPA repository
   https://github.com/ecbrown/emacs-w3m indicates it hasn't been updated since
   March, so it's even older than MELPA indicates.

   @Rahul, the only official emacs-w3m package is the one downloaded
   from the project website via CVS. The fedora & MELPA packages are
   great and convenient, but they are done without any co-ordination
   with the project, and for a long, long time we didn't even know they
   existed. Do be careful not to mix-and-match versions; it can get
   confusing if Fedora puts one version in your $PATH and its custom
   emacs-load-path, and then MELPA does, and then you do.

   Anyway, let's continue.

3) Launch emacs this way: \emacs -Q

4) Evaluate the following lines, but first insert the actual load path.

   (add-to-list 'load-path "/your/path/to/emacs-w3m")
   (setq w3m-default-display-inline-images t)
   (setq w3m-display-inline-images t)
   (setq w3m-default-display-inline-images t)
   (require 'w3m))

5) M-x w3m

6) g some-simple-site-with-a-few-images

   Worked for me with xkcd.com & google.com

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0